Chico, Calif. -- With crime on the rise in Chico and area parks are seeing the impacts.
The Chico Area Recreation and Park District this week approved a plan to make rules stricter and clearer, committing to handing out warnings and citations.
Workers at the Humboldt Skate Park today say they found broken liquor bottles, needles and drugs, in addition to graffati.
One parent says he'll still bring his kids out to the park - in the daytime at least.
CARD plans to make sure people know the rules, but keep in mind, if you break them, the penalties will now be steeper.
- CARD to up penalties for rule-breaking at parks
- Corning considers new park rules
- CARD Movies in the Park Start Saturday
- Park Ranger Talks New Park Rules and Public Safety
- 'CARD' to increase security patrols at its parks
- CARD survey shows park safety as top concern in Chico
- CARD looking at tax to improve Chico parks
- Rangers Urge: Follow Leash & Bike Rules at Bidwell Park
- New Netflix series brings attention to Trump's call for death penalty in 1989 during Central Park Five case
- Newsom gives executive order to end death penalty in California