Photo Gallery 7 Images
Two popular Spring traditions return to Chico with the annual Chico Kite Day this Sunday, March 25th, and the Spring Jamboree Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 31st.
Kite Day has been ongoing for more than 30 years now. It's a FREE community event that encourages families to play outside and share a fun day in the park. You'll see all kinds of kites, from homemade to large dragons. Participants are encouraged to bring other outside toys as well ... like frisbees and bubbles. The event runs from Noon to 4 p.m. at 20th Street Community Park, 1900 Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway. Two food trucks, Slyderz Grill and Truck-a-Roni will have food for sale.
The following Saturday, March 31st, is the 55th Annual Spring Jamboree Egg Hunt. This is also a FREE event, that includes a bounce house, face painting and crafts. The egg hunt is for children up to 8 years old. The 10 a.m. AND 10:30 a.m. egg hunts are for ages 0 to 3. The 11 a.m. hunt is for ages 4 to 5 and the 11:45 a.m. hunt is for ages 6 to 8.
It all happens at Caper Acres Playground and Sycamore Field in lower Bidwell Park. There will be food and drinks available for purchase from Papa Murphy's and Code 3 Coffee.
For more information on both events call (530) 895-4911 or visit www.ChicoRec.com.
- CARD hosting Chico Kite Day and Spring Jamboree
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree
- Annual Chico Kite Day
- Sunday is Kite Day in Chico
- CARD Hosting Mother’s Day Tea in the Rose Garden
- CARD to Host Mother's Day Tea in Rose Garden
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Chico Running Club Hosts New Year's Day 5K
- CARD Hosts Healthy Aging EXPO on Oct. 4
- Gridley hosts Red Suspenders Day