CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Area Recreation District (CARD) marks its 70th birthday Saturday, Sept. 15 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. with a Community Celebration at DeGarmo Park in North Chico.
There will be live music and carnival games, sports games, arts and crafts, tours of big trucks like fire engines, face painting, bounce houses and a rock climbing wall. Food trucks will be on hand with food for sale.
Founded in 1948, CARD is a California-special district focused on creating recreational opportunities. It manages and cares for more than 10 community and neighborhood parks, four community centers, one swimming pool, the Chico Creek Nature Center and other facilities.
"The people of Chico voted 70 years ago to create CARD because they believed recreation matters," said CARD General Manager Ann Willmann.
"Groomed parks, clean community centers, diverse activities - access to all of this makes our town a better place to live, so we strive to help people play and our 70th Anniversary Celebration is no exception," she said.
You can RSVP to the 70th Anniversary Celebration on Facebook, and event details are on CARD's website.
- CARD Celebrates 70th Anniversary With Party
- Community party held to reflect Oroville spillway anniversary
- 90th Anniversary Celebration planned for Oroville State Theatre
- Apollo 11 Anniversary
- VIDEO: Redding is Celebrating 50 Year Anniversary of MLK Jr. Center
- Moms Celebrate Mother's Day with Some Tea at CARD Rose Garden
- 1 year anniversary of Oroville Spillway Crisis
- One-Year Anniversary of the Wall Fire
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree
- CARD Movies in the Park Start Saturday