OROVILLE, Calif. - Firefighters will conduct a control burn at Loafer Creek near Lake Oroville on Tuesday, Oct. 15.
Smoke will be visible in the Kelly Ridge and greater Oroville areas throughout the day, according to crews. Multiple areas of grass and oak woodland will be burned, totaling 105 acres, CAL FIRE said.
The trails, day-use area, and portions of the campgrounds at Loafer Creek will be closed during the burn period.
The residential burn suspension in the unincorporated areas of Butte County is still in effect.
CAL FIRE said they will be conducting this control burn to reduce hazard vegetation and will be present while the control burn is being conducted.
- CAL FIRE will conduct control burn at Loafer Creek, Tuesday
- Control Burn at Loafer Creek, East of Lake Oroville Wednesday
- Cal Fire Conducting Controlled Burn in Magalia
- CAL FIRE conducting a controlled burn south of Oroville
- CAL FIRE crews conduct 100-acre controlled burn in Shasta County
- Firefighters conduct controlled burns despite high temperatures
- Lassen National Forest to conduct control burn
- CAL FIRE Butte Unit to conduct control burn at Camelot Equestrian Park
- CAL FIRE to conduct prescribed burn in Shasta County
- Cal Fire: Controlled Burn Postponed Due to High Fire Danger