REDDING, Calif. - CAL FIRE has announced they will be conducting a prescribed burn on Friday, Nov. 15 at the City of Redding Solid Waste Facility.
The prescribed burn will be conducted in the area around the West Central Landfill, located at 14095 Clear Creek Road, by CAL FIRE Shasta Trinity Unit & the Shasta County Fire Department.
CAL FIRE said they expect to burn up to 300 acres. The estimated direction of smoke travel is winds from North West throughout the day. Communities that CAL FIRE said are smoke sensitive include Igo, Happy Valley, and Cottonwood.
Smoke from the burn is expected to be minimal and limited in duration, however, residents should expect to see smoke during the burn operations, CAL FIRE said. The burn will be conducted weather permitting.
CAL FIRE said the prescribed burn is expected to reduce dead and down fuels, reduce fire hazard to landfill, and provide live-fire training for fire personnel in a controlled manner.
Burning will start at approximately 8 a.m. and should be completed by 5:00 p.m., according to CAL FIRE.
- CAL FIRE to conduct prescribed burn in Shasta County
- CAL FIRE crews conduct 100-acre controlled burn in Shasta County
- Cal Fire Conducting Controlled Burn in Magalia
- CAL FIRE warns residents of 3 prescribed burns
- CAL FIRE conducting a controlled burn south of Oroville
- CAL FIRE will conduct control burn at Loafer Creek, Tuesday
- Cal Fire Shasta County burn permit suspension lifted
- Prescribed burn planned for Siskiyou County
- Buck prescribed burn project at Whiskeytown
- Prescribed Burn at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area