BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - CAL FIRE's Butte County unit worked to extinguish an escaped controlled burn in Cohasset on Wednesday.
Firefighters said the fire grew to around 50 by 100 feet and affected an abandoned structure.
Crews said despite the rain, those conducting controlled burns need to follow the rules.
Burn permits have been required in Butte County as of May 1. Fire officials said people will be held responsible if fires escape their control.
- CAL FIRE extinguishes escaped controlled burn in Cohasset
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- Cal Fire extinguishes Magalia house fire
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire
- Cal Fire Conducting Controlled Burn in Magalia
- Cal Fire: Controlled Burn Postponed Due to High Fire Danger
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Mobile Home Fire in Palermo
- CAL FIRE extinguishes house fire north of Chico
- Cal Fire Issues Controlled Burn on Dec. 13
- CAL FIRE conducting a controlled burn south of Oroville