BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - CAL FIRE officials are encouraging people to be prepared this wildfire season by making sure their pets are protected and putting together a to-go bag.
Both CAL FIRE and Pet Smart said the following items are crucial to have in a pet to-go bag:
- Feeding bowls
- Vital pet documents
- Anti-anxiety toys
Gilda Baker, a resident in Chico, has three cats and two dogs. She said she always keeps a to-go back right by her garage door for a quick escape.
"We wanna make sure we have proper crates and we got them stacked by the garage door," she said. "We have extra dry food, extra litter, extra wet food so we can just throw it in the car and get them out and get them safe."
The ASPCA suggests getting a rescue alert sticker so firefighters know a pet is inside the home. The organization also suggests microchipping pets in case they get lost during an evacuation.
For a full list of to-go bag tips, CLICK HERE.
- CAL FIRE encourages pet preparedness during wildfire season
- Cal Fire Urges Wildfire Preparedness
- Cal Fire Urges People to Prepare for Wildfire Season
- CAL FIRE prepares for wildfire season in Butte County
- CAL FIRE officially declares wildfire season in Butte County
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire: PG&E Is Responsible For Three Wildfires
- Cal Fire Reminds Public not to fly Drones Over Wildfires
- Cal Fire Gears up for Busy Fire Season
- Cal Fire Air Attack Gearing up for Fire Season