BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Butte County arrested a suspected arsonist for allegedly setting fire to a vehicle on Friday morning in Magalia.
CAL FIRE received a report of the fire around 5:08 a.m. Aug. 23. When firefighters arrived they found a 2001 Ford Winstar minivan partially consumed and the exterior of the minivan still burning.
30-year-old Nicholas Robert Nelsen of Magalia was arrested at his home and is facing one count of Arson to property, he was booked into the Butte County Jail on Friday, Aug. 23
Investigators have not released a motive. Nelsen's bail is set at $50,000.
- CAL FIRE arrests suspected arsonist in Magalia
- Cal Fire: Arsonist suspected of several fires arrested
- Cal Fire extinguishes Magalia house fire
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire
- Suspected arsonist arrested in Butte County
- CAL FIRE ‘Fill the Boot’ in Magalia
- Cal Fire Conducting Controlled Burn in Magalia
- Fireworks Cause 2-Acre Fire in Magalia: Cal Fire
- Cal Fire
- CAL FIRE to conduct 12-acre prescribed burn in Magalia