UPDATE 11:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 29, 2018 - Cal Fire has postponed its Turri Farms controlled burn scheduled for Monday following reports of high fire danger.
RED BLUFF, Calif. - Cal Fire will be conducting a one day controlled burn in western Tehama County at Turri Farms Ranch off Lowery Rd. and McCarty Creek Rd., from Oct. 29-31, weather permitting.
The burning will start at 10 a.m. and should be completed by 6 p.m. Around 189 acres will be burned. Cal Fire conducts burns with cooperating land managers under the Vegetation Management Program, a state-sponsored cost-sharing program to encourage prescribed fires on private property.
The purpose of this burn is to reduce invasive weed species and enhance rangelands for cattle grazing. Additionally, the burn will reduce hazardous fuels, improve wildlife habitat and provide a training site for Cal Fire personnel to train on fire ignition and fire behavior.
- Cal Fire: Controlled Burn Postponed Due to High Fire Danger
- Cal Fire Conducting Controlled Burn in Magalia
- Cal Fire
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia Postponed
- Cal Fire Issues Controlled Burn on Dec. 13
- CAL FIRE conducting a controlled burn south of Oroville
- CAL FIRE extinguishes escaped controlled burn in Cohasset
- CAL FIRE crews conduct 100-acre controlled burn in Shasta County
- Cal Fire warns of drowning dangers
- Cal Fire: Debris Burning Blamed for ‘Oregon Fire’ near Oroville