OROVILLE, Calif. – Cal Fire Butte Unit contained a structure fire on Nelson Ave. in Oroville Tuesday morning.
Crews responded to the fire around 8:23 a.m.
An unknown occupant had accessed the abandoned building and started a fire in the fireplace, according to Cal Fire. The fireplace was not completely attached and came out through the roof causing a fire to start in the attic.
Only the unknown occupant was believed to be in the building at the time and no injuries were reported. The fire was contained shortly after they arrived on the scene.
The cause of the fire is believed to have started in the fireplace but is still under investigation, according to CAL FIRE Butte.