CHICO, Calif. - Butte County Public Health has confirmed the outbreak of a norovirus in an evacuation shelter for Camp Fire victims in Chico.
Lisa Almaguer, public health communication manager for Butte County, said that the virus broke out at Neighborhood Church in Chico at Cal Fire's news briefing on the Camp Fire on Wednesday.
Currently, the shelter is separating those that are ill from those that are healthy. They have separate sleeping and eating quarters, as well as bathrooms.
"Norovirus is not uncommon especially this time of year and especially when you have hundreds of people living in close quarters," Almaguer said.
- Butte County Public Health Confirms Norovirus in Camp Fire Shelter
- Norovirus Outbreak
- Norovirus Cases Increase in Butte County
- Health officials confirm 11th case of measles in Butte County
- Butte County health officials confirm 1 additional measles case
- Camp Fire Animal Shelters Closing
- Butte County Public Health Awarded $40,000 Bike Safety Grant
- Butte County Public Health: Animal Disaster Feeding Ends Saturday
- Measles outbreak: Q&A with Butte County Public Health
- Butte County welcomes new public health department director