BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Students who ranged from elementary school to high school came together this weekend from all across Butte County to take part in National History Day.
The kids showed off their knowledge, with some going "old school" with posters, and others building websites.
12-year-old competitor Emma Lund said, "The fact that theres so many stories to tell that relate to themes and the way people present it whether its an exhibit, a documentary, skit... Its really cool to see everyone's perspective on stories."
The top three winners compete in Sacramento -- and even get a shot at moving forward to the national championship.
- Butte County kids celebrate American history
- Shasta County Celebrates Indigenous History and Culture
- 1,500 Homeless Kids Attend Butte County Schools
- Chico Rampage Suspect Has Long Criminal History in Butte County
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide
- Butte County Election Results
- African American women honored at diaspora celebration
- Butte County’s Most Wanted