A Butte County Superior Judge rules in favor of community group Move the Junkyard and councilmember Karl Ory in a challenge by the city of Chico over the legality of a referendum intended to force Chico Scrap Metal to relocate.
The industrial recycling site has been a concern for decades when the city decided to annex the chapman area more than ten years ago, the plan was to get the business to move.
City council extended the deadline, then did away with it.
That’s when the community group collected more than nine thousand signatures to force a referendum.
Council now must decide whether to rescind its earlier decision and immediately put the business out of compliance, or whether to place the matter on the ballot to be decided by voters.
- Butte County judge rules in favor of ‘Move the Junkyard’
- New Butte County court judge starts in 2018
- Judge rules against placing violent, sexual predator in Tehama County
- Second federal judge blocks Trump contraception rules
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide
- Butte County Election Results
- Butte County Measles Cases
- Butte County Moves Forward with Parcel Tax for Fire Protection