Photo Gallery 4 Images
UPDATE 9 p.m., Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 - On Oct. 31, the search for the stolen welder sent detectives to four different locations resulting in 10 arrests.
Detectives say they learned the stolen welder was at a home on Gene Lane in Palermo.
When detectives arrived, they say they found four people, as well as multiple illegal items including a stolen firearm, meth, and a butane honey oil manufacturing lab.
Four were arrested at the home on Gene Lane, read below for their charges.
While still looking for the stolen welder, Detectives say they were led to Railroad Avenue where they found three more people illegally camping and arrested them.
Additionally, detectives met Frank Monarrez on the 100 block of Stimpson Road in Oroville where he told detectives he had helped move the stolen welder from Gene Lane to Ahart Road in Honcut.
Monarrez was arrested for failing to register as a sexual offender.
Moving on to Ahart Road, detectives say they found the stolen welder in the backyard of the home.
Detectives say they also found meth and firearm parts in a garage.
The Sheriff's Department is still looking for Patrick Marriott who they believe stole the truck and welder. If you have any information, please call Detective Joe Hooks at 530-538-7671.
Below is a list of arrests made and charges filed:
Gene Lane arrests:
- Phillip Flores (Oroville, 41): being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm and ammunition, possession of a stolen firearm, manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of illegal fireworks, and for violation of Post Release Community Supervision.
- Tamsyn Speer (Oroville, 32): being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm and ammunition, possession of a stolen firearm, manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of illegal fireworks.
- Jessica Prater (Oroville, 42): possession of a controlled substance for sale, possession of narcotics paraphernalia, and violation of probation.
- James Travis (Oroville, 40): possession of a controlled substance for sale, and possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
Railroad Avenue arrests:
- Vernon Childers (Oroville, 45): being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm and ammunition and for possession of a controlled substance.
- Jim Ward (Oroville, 40): felony arrest warrant.
- William Dixon (Oroville, 57): misdemeanor arrest warrant.
Ahart Road arrests:
- Keith McDaniel (Honcut, 60): one felony count of possession of stolen property, possession of a controlled substance, being a prohibited person in possession of ammunition, and being in possession of drug paraphernalia
- Adam Jenkins (Oroville, 39): possession of a controlled substance for sale, and possession of drug paraphernalia
OROVILLE, Calif. - An Oroville vehicle pursuit ended with two arrested and one with an arrest warrant on Oct. 29, according to the Butte County Sheriff Office.
Officials say around 2 a.m. on Tuesday they attempted a traffic stop when the truck took off at a high speed. Deputies followed the truck until the driver pulled into a driveway and fled on foot.
Deputies followed the driver, later identified as Shane Keck, but lost sight of him. In the investigation, deputies say they learned the truck was stolen from a local Oroville business.
Around 10 a.m., deputies saw Keck near Gold County Casino and attempted to contact him but he ran off before deputies could do so.
Keck was located hiding in the front yard of a home, detectives say, and was arrested for felony evading and felony vehicle theft.
Detectives say they learned an $8,000 welder and lumber rack had been removed from the stolen truck. This led them to serve a search warrant for a home on the 100 block of Stimpson Road in Oroville where they found the lumber rack from the truck.
Patrick Marriott was identified by deputies as the man they say brought the stolen truck to the home on Oct. 27 and removed the items.
The homeowner, deputies say, is Theresa Douglas who was arrested after evidence of manufacturing of butane honey oil, methamphetamine, and narcotics paraphernalia was found during the serving of the search warrant.
Detectives are in the process of obtaining an arrest warrant for Marriott for one count of felony vehicle theft.
If you have any information on Marriott's whereabouts, contact Detective Joe Hooks at 530-538-7671.