BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. – Butte County Public Health is expanding the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility.
This will now include residents age 16 to 64 with severe health conditions (those listed by the California Department of Public Health) and those working in the following sectors: public transportation, public works, and public utilities. This change is effective immediately for the first dose community vaccination clinics, according to BCPH.
Public Health said individuals must be willing to self-certify or attest at the community vaccination clinics that they qualify for one or more of the severe health conditions as indicated by the California Department of Public Health. A complete list of qualifying health conditions is available at tinyurl.com/4uwd5tva.
Vaccine eligibility for those working in the public transportation sector will start with taxi drivers, tow truck drivers, and drivers employed by the Butte County Association of Governments (B-Line: Butte Regional Transit). Currently, eligibility does not include private transportation such as Uber and Lyft.
Vaccine Eligibility for Public Works and Public Utilities sectors include all staff employed by a Public Works agency or Public Utility agency.
There are slots available for first-dose vaccines in Chico and Oroville. Below are registration details.
In Chico: March 8, 9, 10, & 11 at Chico Meriam Park, for Butte County Residents 65+, all approved sectors (Phases 1a and 1b), persons with at-risk health conditions, public works, public utilities and public transportation.
- Schedule your vaccination online at: www.signupgenius.com/go/4090A4FADAE2DAAF58-1stdose
- Vaccine Scheduling Hotline: 552-3020. For residents without internet, you may call the Vaccine Scheduling Hotline for assistance – BCPH asks to please reserve this line for those without internet.
- Hotline Hours of operation:
- Thursday, March 11: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 12: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In Oroville: March 10 & 11 at the Oroville Sports Club for Butte County Residents 65+, all approved sectors (Phases 1a and 1b), persons with at-risk health conditions, public works, public utilities, and public transportation. The community clinic is located at the Oroville Sports Club at 2600 Oro Dam Blvd, by appointment only.
- Schedule your vaccination online at: www.signupgenius.com/go/4090A4FADAE2DAAF58-oroville3
- Oroville Hospital: 530-538-3379
For more information about the COVID vaccination in Butte County click here.