UPDATE: 5/9/2018 3:43 p.m.
Butte County, Calif.—There was a three car pileup south of Chico Wednesday afternoon on Highway 99 and Neal Road.
The crash happened around 1:30 in the afternoon.
According to the CHP the traffic light on the highway at Neal Road had turned red.
The driver of at Toyota Tacoma and a Subaru station wagon had slowed for the light when the CHP said the driver of a Lincoln was not paying attention and slammed into the back of one vehicle, which was pushed into another.
The driver of the Lincoln was the only one injured. He had moderate injuries.
The southbound lane of Highway 99 was closed for a short time while the wreckage was cleared.
The roadway opened a short time later.
Butte County, Calif.—Traffic advisory in Butte County.
Traffic on southbound 99 is moving very slow from an accident on Neal Road.
Lanes are open in the area, but traffic is still backed up.
First responders are on scene clearing the area.
- Three Car Pileup Slows Down Northbound Highway 99
- Dump Truck rollover blocks both lanes on northbound Highway 99
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- 70 car pileup caught on camera
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Big-rig crash closes northbound lanes on Highway 99 in Chico
- One dead after head-on crash at northbound Hwy 99
- Highway 99 Reopens After Flooding
- Fatal car crash on Highway 99 leaves one dead
- Highway 99 shutdown due to suicidal man