Photo Gallery 2 Images
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Butte County Supervisors are working to learn how a pipeline from Paradise to Chico would impact the groundwater.
The study is to figure out the possibility of having a pipeline run from Paradise to Chico.
There are two reasons county officials say this option could be the best one for getting water into Chico.
Victoria Sinclair who lost her home in the Camp Fire, but is back up on the ridge thinks it is a great way to help.
"For me personally I think it is a really good idea when you are looking at the lack of consumers. In order for them to meet the responsibility," Sinclair said. "They have to have money coming from somewhere. As with living up there, you have to be flexible so for us and our community you have to be flexible and share resources to be able to come back from this."
Paul Gosselin from Butte County said this will provide The Paradise Irrigation District with some customers.
"Right now they have their water and their whole operation without a customer base since the Camp Fire so as the town rebuilds the Paradise Irrigation District needs to utilize that asset and have a way to stay viable while the town rebuilds," Gosselin said.
Gosselin added it reduces the demand of groundwater, "Right now Cal Water and the city of Chico and the whole Vina Subbasin is 100% dependent on groundwater and as we look towards putting programs and projects together to sustain the basin one of the other things we are looking at is how can we better utilize surface water in groundwater-dependent areas."
The study costs $143,000, the money is coming from a state grant, Cal Water Service, and Paradise Irrigation District.
- Butte County Supervisors work towards creating pipeline from Paradise to Chico
- Board of Supervisors decide against funding water pipeline survey from Paradise to Chico
- Butte County Board of Supervisors & Paradise, tree removal program
- Butte County Supervisors Approve Fiscal Budget
- Butte Co. Supervisors Discuss Fire Prevention Options
- Butte County Board of Supervisors Declares Shelter Crisis
- Butte County Board of Supervisors to Vote on Pay Raise
- Butte County Candidates Face Off For Supervisor District 2 Spot
- Butte County Board of Supervisors Support Mechoopda Casino
- Paving work beginning on Butte County Highways