BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Corie J. Caraway has been selected by the judges of the Butte County Superior Court to serve as Court Commissioner.
Caraway will replace David E. Gunn, who will retire from the court in December. Caraway will assume her new responsibilities on Nov. 5.
Caraway received a Juris Doctor degree from the Western State University College of Law, Fullerton and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Chico State.
The Butte County Superior Court has 11 judges and two court commissioners. The commissioner's initial assignment will be to preside over all Butte County Department of Child Support Services matters; matters related to child support; small claims matters; and traffic, family law, unlawful detainer, civil harassment and other matters as assigned.
- Butte County Superior Court Selects Chico Alumna as Court Commissioner
- Trinity County's Presiding Superior Court Judge Resigns
- Chico Mayor unveils "Community Court"
- Butte Co. Treatment Court holds graduation
- Gov. Brown Appoints First Female Judge to Glenn Co. Superior Court
- New Butte County court judge starts in 2018
- Butte County Serial Burglar in Court on Oct. 5
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Former Chico Police sergeant back in court
- Chico Burned Woman Suspect in Court