Butte County Sheriff's deputies are now calling a suspicious death in berry creek a homicide.
They have identified the victim as 68 year old William Chrisman of Berry Creek.
Deputies found Chrisman's body on Black Bear Road last Thursday afternoon.
Investigators are not releasing much more information.
They do not believe this was a random act of violence, but they're not releasing any details on a possible motive.
And they have not identified a suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call Butte County Sheriff's office.
- Butte County Sheriff’s office calls Berry Creek death a homicide
- Body found in Berry Creek; Sheriff's Office calls it a suspicious death
- Siskiyou Sheriff Calls Suspicious Death a Homicide
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- 4 Arrested in Armed Assault of Berry Creek Man, Sheriff's Office Says
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Releases Camp Fire 9-1-1 Calls
- Family files wrongful death suit against Butte County Sheriff's Office
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office releases name of victim in Oroville homicide
- Water Truck Fire Burns Driver in Berry Creek Area
- Grande Fire - Progress Stopped on Berry Creek Vegetation Fire