MAGALIA, Calif. -- The Butte County Sheriff's Office is investigating vicious attacks by a pack of dogs in Magalia that left at least two people seriously injured on Thursday.
Neighbors in the Rosewood Drive area of Magalila told Action News Now they've had problems with the dogs over the years.
"Put nine dogs in a circle and they're coming at you and today they were foaming at the mouth," said Gary Parsons, a Magalia neighbor.
This is the scary experience Parsons described to Action News Now that he had Thursday morning.
"They were far more vicious today than they had ever been," said Parsons.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office said a pack of vicious dogs attacked two people in the 6600 block of Rosewood Drive in Magalia.
The sheriff's office identified the dog owner as 64-year-old Peter Ricca of Magalia. They said one of the victims was watching over the dogs for Ricca. The victim was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
"We've always had a challenge with the dogs getting loose. I've had to go over there on more than one occasion and tell him to get his dogs," said Parsons.
The owner was in court during Thursday's attacks regarding earlier complaints about his dogs.
We spoke with the husband of the second person who was attacked. The husband identified her as 51-year-old Sarah Davi.
Davi's husband said she left the house to warn the owner's brother that the dogs had escaped, but that's when the dogs attacked her. Davi's husband said she was later found face down in front of her house with injuries all over her body.
Davi was later taken to Enloe Hospital where her husband said she underwent surgery.
In total, the sheriff's office said nine dogs were responsible for the attacks. Animal control said the dogs are in quarantine to be checked for any health issues.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office said no charges are being filed at this time, but the investigation is still ongoing.
- Butte County Sheriff's Office investigating vicious attacks by a pack of dogs in Magalia
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Identifies Body Found in Magalia
- Magalia dog mauling victim speaks about attack
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office is searching for suspect in Magalia stabbing
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- 9 dogs seized, 2 people injured after dog attack in Magalia
- Butte County Sheriff is investigating human remains found in Bangor
- Magalia and Stirling City Post Offices Reopen
- Butte County Peace Officer Memorial