OROVILLE, Calif.- The Butte County Sheriff's Office is investigating two high-speed chases in Oroville.
Deputies say that they assisted the CHP in the second high-speed chase around 6 p.m. Thursday.
We are working to learn more details on what started this chase.
Earlier in the day, deputies say they were involved in another high-speed chase.
Around noon, deputies say they stopped the driver of a white, GMC pick-up truck on Lincoln Boulevard and Mill Street after the driver failed to yield at the intersection.
The driver of the truck, 37-year-old Jesse Janto, of Orland, briefly spoke with deputies before they said he sped off, running through several stop signs.
Deputies ended the pursuit for safety reasons.
Deputies later learned that Janto was wanted by police in Medford, OR, for another pursuit as well as firearms and narcotics charges.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Butte County Sheriff's Office at 530-538-7321.
- Butte County Sheriff's Office investigating 2 high-speed chases in Oroville
- Driver leads officers on high-speed chase in Colusa County
- Butte County Sheriff's Office actively searching for missing Oroville teen
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- High Speed Chase Leads to Drug Arrest
- Police Pursue High-Speed Chase on I-5
- High speed chase ends with flipped car
- Gerber man arrested following high-speed chase
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation