Photo Gallery 7 Images
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff's Office held its 20th annual bike giveaway on Friday.
The giveaway happened at the BCSO East Facility, located at 3 Gillick Way in Oroville.
A total of 80 new and refurbished bikes were been donated to give to children across Butte County for this event.
Participants in the BCSO Alternative Custody Supervision Program and participants in the Butte County Office of Education Community Based Coalition Program have worked for months refurbishing bikes to be used for the giveaway, the sheriff's office said.
Children receiving bicycles have been identified through the Butte County Office of Education. Invitations to the event were distributed through BCOE. Helmets were also distributed along with each bicycle.
"BCSO would like to thank BCOE, Butte County Public Health, BCSO STARS, ACS participants, BCBC participants, and Sensible Cyclery. We hope a new bike will bring joy to these children this holiday season," The sheriff's office said in a press release.
Members of BCSO, BCOE, and BCPH were there to make sure bicycles and helmets properly fit each child in attendance.
- Butte County Sheriff's Office gives away 80 bikes to children
- Butte County Annual Bike Giveaway
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County Peace Officer Memorial
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Trunk or Treat Safety Fair
- Butte County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting in Magalia
- Butte County Sheriff's Office warns of new phone scam
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Butte County Sheriff's Office records unit special hours