On 12/14/17, detectives with the BCSO IMPACT Unit, with assistance from the Butte County Special Enforcement Unit, served a search warrant and conducted a probation search at an apartment in the North Chico area off E. Lassen Ave. The search was the result of an investigation into a large number of thefts and auto burglaries occurring in the area, including the theft of Christmas lights from the exterior of a residence, occurring on 12/04/17, which was captured on the victim’s home video surveillance.
During the search, property believed to have been stolen during numerous recent auto burglaries and / or thefts was located. Property belonging to at least five (5) separate victims was located within the apartment.
Joe Lodge, age 41, of Chico, was arrested for: Possession of stolen property, 2nd degree (auto) burglary and possession of pepper spray by a felon. On 12/18/17, Joe Lodge was arraigned in the Butte County Superior Court on the aforementioned charges, along with the charges of: Possession of burglary tools, possession of property with a serial number removed and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The suspect, Joe Lodge, further described a white male adult, approximately 5’08” / 150 lbs, with short blonde hair and a thin build, has been associated with a white Trek mountain bicycle and a distinctive single-strap, black-colored, tactical-style backpack during prior thefts. See attached photos for further details.
Detectives are asking citizens who believe they have been a victim of the same suspect, or have further information, to contact the investigations office at: (530) 538-6544.
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Butte County Sheriff Arrests Three in Connection to Multiple Burglaries
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office arrests suspect in multiple burglaries at West Valley High School
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Three Arrested in Firearms Burglary
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Burglary and Drug Arrest
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Arrests Man Suspected of Threatening PG&E Workers
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County Peace Officer Memorial
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized
- Man arrested on multiple felony charges after standoff with Butte County deputies