On November 4th Butte County Sheriff’s Office deputies took a report of a commercial burglary at Custom Tile on Lincoln Boulevard in Oroville.
The front glass door of the business was smashed and numerous blank payroll checks were taken.
On November 8th Deputies responded to Gold Country Casino after someone was attempting to cash a fraudulent check.
Deputies identified Charles Grivette as the person who tried to cash the fraudulent check. Deputies went to his residence and arrested him on forgery charges.
While interviewing Grivette Deputies learned that he was approached on Olive Highway near the casino and asked to cash the check, of which he could keep $100.
After reviewing surveillance video from the casino Deputies saw Grivette with two male subjects in white Toyota Corolla.
They were described as white males one in his 50’s with long grey hair, and one in his early 30’s with brown hair, a goatee and a brown hat.
On November 10th Deputies learned multiple checks were cashed at the casino. They were identified as the checks taken from the burglary.
Mathew Jacob McDonald was identified as the one who cashed the check. He was arrested for forgery, possession of stolen property, and petty theft.
On November 15th while on another traffic stop Deputies saw the white Toyota Corolla near Gold County Casino.
They initiated a traffic stop and positively identified Philip Monroe Pedro III, and Jay R. Thompson as the suspects who wrote the fraudulent checks, and solicited people to cash them at the casino. Both men were arrested for unauthorized use of personal identifying information to obtain goods, conspiracy, forgery, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
BCSO is still pursuing leads in this case and anyone with information is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office 538-7321.
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest four in fraudulent check scheme
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Check Before You Light in Butte County
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County Peace Officer Memorial
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- Butte County Sheriff's Office records unit special hours
- Family files wrongful death suit against Butte County Sheriff's Office
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Trunk or Treat Safety Fair
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Busts Drug Lab in Cohasset