OROVILLE, Calif. - Butte County Sheriff's Office officials have released information about arrests for cultivation of cannabis, and other drug-related offenses that occurred on Oct. 1, on the 100 block of Lumpkin Road in Oroville.
At that time the Sheriff's Office Special Enforcement Unit served a search warrant at the location. They discovered 963 marijuana plants, 38.55 pounds of processed marijuana, three firearms and 1.3 grams of methamphetamine.
They arrested Sompone Buphaphan, 57, of Fresno, Mirinda Sanavongxay, 38, of San Diego, and Fouchoy Saephan, 39, of Fresno, for various drug-related crimes including growing cannabis, possession of cannabis for sale, and possession of methamphetamine.
Sompone and Mirinda were also arrested for being felons in possession of a firearm and ammunition. All of the drug offenses were misdemeanors, but the firearm and ammunition charges are felonies.
During the service of the search warrant Yolando Andrea, 46, of Oroville, was also detained.
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Releases Info on Early October Oroville Pot Cultivation Arrest
- Butte County Sheriff's Office actively searching for missing Oroville teen
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office releases name of victim in Oroville homicide
- Redding Planning Commission Approves Cannabis Cultivator
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Releases Camp Fire 9-1-1 Calls
- Butte County Sheriff's Office arrests Oroville man in 2018 murder case
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County Sheriff's Office investigating 2 high-speed chases in Oroville
- Fruit tree selection and cultivation at Turtle Bay