OROVILLE, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff's Office is investigating two separate reports of attempted kidnappings in the Oroville area on Dec. 26.
The first report came in around 4:52 p.m. in the 300 block of Knob Hill Avenue in Oroville. The reporting party said that a woman in a Black Toyota Tacoma pulled up to her front yard where her children were playing and offered them candy and donuts. She also asked them to get into her truck.
A neighbor was able to scare the suspect off. The driver of the truck was described as a white female adult, possibly in her 40s, with blonde hair and blue eyes.
The second report came in around 11:24 p.m. in the 1000 block of 12th Street in Oroville. The reporting party said that a 13-year-old female was in the driveway of a residence when a man approached her and grabbed her wrist. She was able to pull her wrist away and call for help. The suspect ran away in the direction of Oro Dam Blvd.
The suspect in the second incident identified himself as "Johnathan" and is described as a white male adult, approximately 6-feet-tall, in his 30s, with a short gray beard. He was last seen wearing a dark-colored, zip-up style hoodie and dark pants, with a dark-colored knit glove on his right hand.
Deputies searched the areas where both incidents happened but were not able to locate the suspects. Detectives do not believe that incidents are related. The investigation is ongoing.
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Attempted Kidnapping Victim Speaks
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Citizen Assists Butte County Sheriff's Deputies in Kidnapping Arrest
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Butte County Sheriff's Office investigating vicious attacks by a pack of dogs in Magalia
- Butte County Sheriff is investigating human remains found in Bangor
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Butte County Sheriff's Office records unit special hours