UPDATE 10:50 a.m. Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - The Butte County Sheriff's Office has released new information regarding a standoff in Nord Wednesday morning.
Authorities said the standoff started around 2 a.m. when a man started making dangerous threats toward his family. He threatened to kill his children and himself, according to investigators.
The standoff ended around 7:15 a.m. when the man let his children out of the home.
Deputies said the suspect, later identified as 35-year-old Carl Ackerman, was involved in a domestic dispute with his wife.
The children were not injured in the incident.
Ackerman now faces various felony charges, including:
- Criminal threats
- False imprisonment
- Felony child endangerment
- Committing a felony while on OR
- A restraining order violation
- Being a prohibited person in possession of ammunition
- Possession of methamphetamine
NORD, Calif. - A standoff between Butte County Sheriff's deputies and one man who refused to leave his home has ended.
Children and a man were seen leaving a house on California Street around 7:15 a.m., our reporter at the scene says the man was quickly handcuffed by deputies.
The standoff started early this morning and lasted for hours.
Action News Now is working to learn more information.
- Man arrested on multiple felony charges after standoff with Butte County deputies
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Butte County Sheriff Arrests Three in Connection to Multiple Burglaries
- Citizen Assists Butte County Sheriff's Deputies in Kidnapping Arrest
- Butte County deputy hospitalized after traffic stop
- Man arrested after hours long standoff
- Redding police arrest man after 7-hour standoff
- Paradise Police arrest man for multiple warrants
- Former deputy arrested on illegal weapons charges
- Unlicensed Camp Fire Contractor Charged with Felony