Updated 5:33 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019 - Butte County Sheriff Kory L. Honea and along with other first responders were honored again Sunday in Chico.
Some EMS workers, CAL FIRE and police officers received a "medal of heroism" for their dedication to the residents of Butte County impacted by the Camp Fire.
The George Washington chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution presented the awards along with certificates of appreciation.
Sheriff Honea spoke about his appreciation for the recognition of the responders heroic efforts during the fire. Watch the video to hear his remarks.
The event gave members of the community an opportunity to show their support and give thanks to the first responders.
Sheriff Honea and first responders were also honored yesterday at a banquet in Oroville.
Updated 12:40 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019 - Sheriff Kory L. Honea will be honored for his heroism again on Sunday. He will receive a Medal of Heroism by the George Washington Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution.
The award ceremony is from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday at the Parlor of the Native Daughters of the Golden West at 695 Salem Street in Chico.
OROVILLE, Calif.-- Butte County Sheriff Kory L. Honea along with other Camp Fire first responders were honored Saturday at the Feather Falls Casino & Lodge in Oroville.
Honea and CAL FIRE both recieved plaques to award their hard work the day the Camp Fire ignited on November 8, 2018.
The banquet allowed the community to come together and express their gratitude to first responders.
- SUNDAY VIDEO ADDED: Butte Co. Sheriff Honea and 1st Responders Honored Twice This Weekend
- Sheriff Honea was guest speaker at Butte College Spring Gala
- Kory Honea: Behind the Badge
- Sheriff Kory Honea to Head-up Gridley Christmas Parade
- Sheriff Honea holds promotion ceremony for 7 sergeants, 2 lieutenants
- Company Creates Sheriff Honea T-shirts for Camp Fire Fundraising Efforts
- Naloxone distributed to Butte County first responders
- Butte Creek Canyon Day is Sunday
- Butte County Fire Department honors their own
- Butte County District Attorney honors crime victims