BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Butte County released its annual crop report, which lists walnuts as the top crop with a gross value of almost $255 million.
The report was compiled with data from 2017 and gives an in-depth look at the agricultural industry in Butte County.
Agriculture is still considered the top industry in the county, will a gross value of $696.5 million in production. This number is up nearly $776,000 since 2016.
According to the report, walnuts are the top crop in terms of gross value at $255 million.
The report also details a five-year summary of crop values. The chart above reflects the grand total, gross value of various crops.
These crops include:
- Apiary Products
- Field crops
- Fruit & nut crops
- Nursery stock
- Seed crops
- Vegetable crops
- Organic crops
Tune into KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for new developments and Butte County reactions to the report.
- Butte County Releases Annual Crop Report
- Butte County Annual Bike Giveaway
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide
- Butte County Election Results
- Butte County Measles Cases
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Releases Camp Fire 9-1-1 Calls
- ICYMI: Almond Board Predicts Record Almond Crop
- Almond crop numbers expected to be down