Local oranizers of Butte County's Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society say they've made some changes this year with Camp Fire survivors in mind.
To give people more time to prepare for the annual event, the date has been pushed back to September 21st. This year's Relay for Life will take place at DeGarmo Park in Chico.
Also, instead of 22 hours this year's Relay for Life will be 12 hours, but will include the traditional Opening Ceremony and Survivor's Lap, and will close with the Luminaria Ceremony remembering those who have lost their lives to Cancer.
Right now, two receptions are being planned for Cancer Survivors and their caregivers ahead of Relay. One is Thursday, Feburuary 14th at 6 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center on the Esplanade. The other is Sunday March 17th from 2 - 5 p.m. at Gold Country Casino in Oroville.
For more information call (530) 342-4567 or visit www.relayforlifebuttecounty.org.
- Butte County Relay for Life Hosting Two Cancer Survivor Receptions
- Annual 'Relay for Life' relay in Chico this weekend
- Cruisn' for a Cure is theme of Butte County Relay for Life
- Relay for Life Comes to Chico
- Halloween Color Run for Relay for Life
- Butte County to Host Job Fair Tuesday
- Gridley Girl Beats Cancer, Wins Big at Butte County Fair
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide