BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. – Dr. Andy Miller with the Butte County Public Health Department shared details Monday on testing numbers, location of people sick with COVID-19 in the county, and more details on social distancing.
112 people have been tested, two cases have been confirmed positive, and 63 cases have come back negative, and 47 cases are still pending results all within Butte County, according to Dr. Andy Miller.
As a reminder, there are other tests out there that public health is not aware of, unless the test result comes back, Miller said.
There are likely many more people tested, but we don’t know the number if they are tested by their primary health care provider, Miller said.
Miller addressed several questions that came in from the public about the location of where the people who tested positive for coronavirus have been.
“With the first case, there were some special circumstances and it was our first case (in Butte County). And since it was in Chico, which is a large enough city to still protect the person’s privacy, it was announced his residence.”
However, Miller said moving forward, other cases that are confirmed in smaller jurisdictions in places where their privacy cannot remain hidden – public health made the decision that they will not give the city residence going forward. Miller added that this is what the majority of other public health offices are following the state of California.
Several people have also asked public health for information on where the patients have been in recent weeks.
“That is not really important or relevant, even though it really feels like it is,” Miller said. “At this point, in this outbreak, we need people to treat every public place as a place that one could be exposed.”
Miller says it’s important to continue to follow guidelines of social distancing and recapped why social distancing is so important during this pandemic. In his Facebook video, he showed a demonstration discussing the power of social distancing and staying at home.
For continuing coronavirus coverage, Click Here
To see Dr. Andy Miller's social distancing demonstration, watch the video player below.
- Butte County Public Health gives county update after 2 confirmed COVID-19 cases roll in
- Butte County Public Health COVID-19 weekly update
- Health officials confirm second positive COVID-19 case in Butte County
- Butte County Public Health will now provide daily COVID-19 updates
- Yuba-Sutter Public Health reports two confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Butte County Public Health Confirms Norovirus in Camp Fire Shelter
- Butte County health leaders address COVID-19 concerns
- Butte County Public Health gives county-wide coronavirus update
- Health officials confirm first positive case of COVID-19 in Butte County
- Health officials confirm 11th case of measles in Butte County