BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Starting Saturday, Dec. 22, the Butte County Public Health Department will stop feeding animals that are sheltering in-place from the Camp Fire.
The department says starting on Saturday, all pet owners with animals left on the ridge will be responsible for feeding their pets.
Animal rescue groups had been helping feed animals since the Camp Fire.
"Now that those evacuation orders are lifted, and the public has full access to return to homes, property and even destroyed property, animal owners are now asked to assume responsibility of their animals," said Lisa Almaguer of the Butte County Public Health Department.
Those who need help with pet food can go to the Feed Donation Center in Oroville located at 109 Table Mountain Blvd. in Oroville. The warehouse is open from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday while supplies last.
- Butte County Public Health: Animal Disaster Feeding Ends Saturday
- ‘North Valley Animal Disaster’ training
- North Valley Animal Disaster Group
- Butte County Disaster Recovery Centers change hours
- Butte County Public Health Awarded $40,000 Bike Safety Grant
- Butte County Public Health Confirms Norovirus in Camp Fire Shelter
- Measles outbreak: Q&A with Butte County Public Health
- Companion animals for veterans in Butte County
- Chico Boy Helps Animal Disaster Group
- Community Action Agency of Butte County feeds the community