OROVILLE, Calif. - Butte County Jail is planning an expansion to take place next October, which would bring new facilities for inmates.
Some of the new facilities include a 96-bed housing unit, a 38-bed medical and mental health wing and six new classrooms for teaching programs.
The project will cost 40 million to complete, and construction is expected to begin in Summer of 2019.
- Butte County Jail Expansion in Progress
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Project Complete
- Jail Bed Expansion Project Approved in Redding
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Expected to Fill Quickly
- Butte Creek Canyon locals make rebuilding progress after Camp Fire
- ICYMI: New Program for Inmates at Butte County Jail
- Build.com Continues Chico Expansion
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide