Butte County, Calif. - About 100 volunteers are still needed to make up the 200 people it will take to conduct the upcoming Butte County homeless survey.
The "Homeless Continuum of Care Count" only happens every other year. This year, it will take place on Thursday March 28th from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In 2017, at least 19-hundred people were counted as homeless countywide.
The numbers are used by the federal and state governments to determine the amount of funding needed for services. This year a spike in numbers is expected, because of the Camp Fire.
Training is being held next week for volunteers, who will do the count in pairs. For information about volunteering visit www.buttehomelesscoc.com.
- Butte County Homeless Count is set for March 28th
- Hundreds volunteer for Butte County homeless count
- Redding Homeless Count Begins
- 1,500 Homeless Kids Attend Butte County Schools
- Halloween Hustle is October 28th in Chico
- Homeless, struggling veterans too common in Butte County
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide
- Butte County Election Results