BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Butte County Public Health announced Saturday, the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Butte County.
According to public health, the individual is a male, Chico resident, over the age of 65 with prior chronic medical conditions. He is experiencing mild symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
Health officials are still investigating where and how this individual contracted the virus.
He is currently self-quarantined in his home at this time. The male has one live-in family member, who is also practicing self-quarantine at this time.
Action News Now will share the latest updates as they become available. For continuing coronavirus coverage, Click Here
For notifications on the latest local updates related to coronavirus, download our app, Click Here
Watch the official announcement below
- Health officials confirm second positive COVID-19 case in Butte County
- Health officials confirm first positive case of COVID-19 in Butte County
- Public Health Officials confirm second positive case of COVID-19 in Shasta County
- Health officials confirm 11th case of measles in Butte County
- Butte County health officials confirm 1 additional measles case
- Butte County Health Officials: "We will have confirmed cases"
- Butte County Public Health gives county update after 2 confirmed COVID-19 cases roll in
- Health officials confirm early flu activity in Butte County
- Butte County health leaders address COVID-19 concerns