BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey and U.S. Attorney held a press conference Wednesday to warn the public about potential fraud cases in the wake of the Camp Fire.
Ramsey confirmed several rental scams and warned people about hiring unlicensed contractors. U.S. Attorney Mcgregor Scott said that fraud investigations are moving forward.
"I'm hopeful that we'll be able to that relatively soon," Scott said. "We've got open, active investigations going on right now and I was just told of one here earlier today that seemed to me to be fairly clear-cut, and we should be able to move on that shortly."
To report a fraud case, CLICK HERE.
- Butte County District Attorney Holds Press Conference on Fraud Prevention
- Butte County District Attorney Issues Scam Warning
- Butte County District Attorney honors crime victims
- Shasta County Senior & Veteran Fraud Prevention Fair
- CA Attorney General Says Butte County District Attorney Actions in Desmond Phillips Case Justified
- Cal Fire Interview Following Press Conference
- Butte County District Attorney Says Fatal Officer-Involved Shootout Was Justified
- Shasta, Butte County District Attorneys speak out against death penalty moratorium
- Butte County district attorney says fatal officer-involved shootout was justified