BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.-
CAL FIRE Butte County has started defensible space inspections in Butte County.
If you live in the State Responsibility Area, which you can find HERE, inspectors may stop by your house soon to inspect and give you tips on how you can best prepare for a wildfire.
They're also offering the following safety tips:
-Use Powered landscaping equipment before 10 am and never on hot or windy days
-Remove all dead or dying vegetation from your yard, roof and rain gutters
-Trim tree branches a minimum of 10 feet from other trees and at least 6 feet from the ground
-Create horizontal and vertical spacing between grass, shrubs and trees
-Remove fallen leaves, needles, twigs, bard, cones and small branches.
- Butte County CAL FIRE begins defensible space inspections
- Defensible Space Fire Inspections Underway in North State
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire Butte County on Thomas Fire efforts
- Butte County CAL FIRE Battling Palermo Trailer Fire
- Butte CAL FIRE busy with rescues, fire restoration and wildfire defense
- Cal Fire Butte County Trains Last Group of Seasonal Firefighters
- CAL FIRE officially declares wildfire season in Butte County
- Cal Fire Lifts Burn Suspension in Butte County
- Inspections begin on Oroville Dam Spillway