Chico Calif.-- The California Highway Patrol says the item was a replica of a home made explosive device. The suspect has been identified as Shannon Dodge, 56, of Chico. She has been arrested for driving under the influence of amphetimines.
Chico Calif.--The Bomb Squad from the Butte County Sheriff's Office has responded to a suspicious item found in the trunk of a woman's car.
A citizen called in a drunk driver on Cana Highway in Chico Thursday evening. The driver of the car was suspected to be under the influence of drugs and taken to the California Highway Patrol office for Drug Recognition Evaluation.
CHP Sergeant Robert Boyer says an item was found in her trunk, described as brass-colored and about the size of a bowling ball, with a fuse sticking out of it. Sergeant Boyer said the incident took place in a rural area so no residents are in immediate danger, and the public should not be alarmed or concerned.
The device was detonated on scene. Cana Highway and Hamilton North Cana intersection was blocked for two hours, but has since been reopened.
The suspect has been arrested for driving while under the influence of drugs. We're working to learn if additional charges will be included due to the suspicious device.
- Butte County Bomb Squad Responds to Suspicious Device, Roads Reopened in Chico
- Bomb squad responds to suspicious substance
- Bomb squad called to Chico Library
- Butte County Bomb Squad teaches elementary school students
- UPDATE: Bomb Squad Investigates Suspicious Package at Redding's Clover Creek Preserve
- All Roads Reopen in Butte County After Winter Weather Closures
- Chico Mayor opposes Butte County housing shortage bill, Assemblyman responds
- Flooded Roads in Butte County
- Suspicious device found near mailbox on Bechelli Lane in Redding
- Evacuation at Redding school lifted after 'suspicious device' located nearby