The Oroville branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) is hosting it's annual "Welcome Back" Luncheon on Saturday, September 8th at 11:30 a.m.
It's happening at the First Congregational Church, located at the corner of Bird and Oak Streets in Oroville.
Butte County Auditor Graciela Gutierrez will speak about the role AAUW has played in her life, and five 7th grade girls who attended the week-long "Tech Trek" STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Camp at U.C. Davis in July will share about their experiences there.
The Oroville AAUW strives to provide educational experiences (Tech Trek and Career Trek) for girls in middle school, in addition to having interest groups that include book and movie discussions, play readings, field trips and social events throughout the year.
Membership is open to women who hold an associate's or equivalent, a bachelor's or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
The luncheon on September 8th is $20 for members, but is FREE for guests who are prospective members. To learn more about the luncheon or the Oroville AAUW call Anna Devore at (530) 282-6284.
- Butte County Auditor to Speak at AAUW Luncheon
- Oroville AAUW Plans Benefit Garden Party
- Appraisal Faire in Chico to benefit AAUW's Tech Trek
- AAUW Women's History Month Tea benefits Tech Trek students
- AAUW Offers STEM Adventuure for Middle-School Girls
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide
- Butte County Election Results
- Butte County Measles Cases