In order to compete in the constantly growing automotive job market, Butte College is beefing up its auto program with state of the art technology.
Wednesday's groundbreaking of a new expansion marks Butte College's first "Measure J" project.
The automotive program will expand to include the new diesel tech, a larger facility along with a learning lab.
Butte College President, Dr. Samia Yaqub says this will give their students an upper hand when looking for jobs after graduation.
Yaqub says, "It's a growing area of the economy and growing jobs, and so we want to be able to train our students so that they can get those jobs and be ready for the 21st century."
The new program will begin during the Fall 2018 semester.
- Butte College adds new tech to Automotive Program
- Butte College Welding Program
- Butte College Zero Textbook Cost Program
- UPDATE: Missing Butte College student FOUND
- Butte College Grants Help pay for Textbooks
- Butte College Establishes Cosmetology Center in Chico
- Butte College Hosts Business Rebuilding Classes
- College students volunteer 24 hours for 'Butte Humane Society'
- Butte College to Offer Free Tuition Due to Large Donation
- Butte College Campus Closed due to Power Outage