CALIFORNIA - California announced the reopening of personal care services like the cosmetology industry, tattoo parlors and massage therapy businesses.
Butte and Shasta counties are two of those given the green light to reopen. The state said it strongly recommends not opening before Friday, June 19.
Personal care services permitted to reopen are:
- Facials, Electrolysis, and Waxing Services
- Esthetician, Skin Care, and Cosmetology Services
- Nail Salons
- Electrology Services
- Body Art, Tattoo Parlors, and Piercing Shops
- Massage Therapy
Butte County also released its own set of guidelines to be put in place alongside state guidelines:
- Post a local self-certification window placard in a visible location once all reopening measures have been met (You can download the placard HERE)
- Require employees to wear face coverings when working in places accessible to the public when physical distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained
- Business and facilities should maintain a log, if possible, including a customer or participant name, contact information, and time of visit, that may be provided to Butte County Public Health to assist in contact tracing