BUTTE CO., Calif. - Butte County Treatment Court celebrated National Drug Court Month with a graduation ceremony on Wednesday. May 29.
Five people and their families were honored for completing drug abuse treatment.
Officials say every case is different and the county keeps close supervision of them during treatment.
"The work itself was challenging but it was super rewarding," said Marcus Townsend, who had completed two years in the program. "We start rooting for each other, then we form the camaraderie, and then it becomes a sisterhood and brotherhood. And we build on it and then we got successes like today."
Butte County Superior Court's Drug Court has operated continuously since 1995 with more than 800 graduates since.
- Butte Co. Treatment Court holds graduation
- Butte Fire Academy holds class graduation
- Butte County Superior Court Selects Chico Alumna as Court Commissioner
- Chico State graduations continue
- Butte County Sheriff Holds Media Briefing for Camp Fire
- Butte County District Attorney Holds Press Conference on Fraud Prevention
- Butte County Search and Rescue holds fundraiser for K-9 unit
- New Butte County court judge starts in 2018
- Butte County Serial Burglar in Court on Oct. 5
- Businesses Prepare for Graduation Weekend