BUTTE COUNTY, Calif – Firefighters have rescued two people from a burning structure fire, Saturday morning on Cherokee Road.
According to Cal Fire, this happened just before 9:30 a.m. Saturday on the 3500 block of Cherokee Road, where firefighters took about an hour to control the flames.
Russ Fowler, a battalion chief for Cal Fire told Action News Now that a woman stuck inside the house allegedly tried to fight with him, making it harder for firefighters to rescue her.
The other person escaped unharmed, but the woman was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation and her condition is not known at this time.
The house was not a complete loss, firefighters were able to save half of the home and no nearby homes were threatened.
The cause is still under investigation.
- Butte Co. Cal Fire knocks down structure fire in Cherokee Road
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire
- Firefighters knock down Palermo structure fire
- CAL FIRE knocks down unoccupied structure fire at Kelly Ridge area
- Cal Fire
- UPDATED: CAL FIRE Butte Unit Responds to Saturday Fires in Yankee Hill, Cherokee, Berry Creek and Yuba Co.
- Cal fire knocks out Paradise mobile home fire
- CAL FIRE: Arson arrest in Butte County
- Muddy roads hamper Bangor structure fire response
- Cal Fire Butte County on Thomas Fire efforts