CHICO, Calif.- Cal Water is on scene at 9th street & Wall in Chico fixing a busted water main.
Cal Water says they got the call just after 8 p.m. Sunday night that water was coming up from underneath the roadway.
Workers told Action News Now that they believe the problem is old cast-iron that eroded and broke.
They plan to shut down one of the two lanes of 9th Street throughout the night as they work to tear out the asphalt and repair the broken pipe.
- Busted water main slows traffic in Chico
- Flooded Roads Slow Traffic Around Chico
- UPDATE: Redding water main breaks, traffic diverted
- Traffic stop ends in drug bust, arrests
- City of Redding replaces water main
- Semi-truck busts Chico fire hydrant
- Crash on Knighton Road in Redding slows down traffic
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- 3-Car Crash Slows Traffic on Hwy 99 near Corning
- Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Bust in Orland