SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - Six months later, businesses in Shasta County are starting to recover from the impacts of the Carr Fire.
Action News Now reporter Elizabeth Zelidon spoke with Redding Chamber of Commerce CEO Jake Mangas who said that many Redding businesses have started to recover from the effects of the Carr Fire.
"It certainly has brought a lot of additional business and industries," he said. "Construction right now is really going gangbusters. We have a bunch of projects online anyway."
Mangas also said that the community is thankful for all of the rebuilding efforts that have gone into recovering from the deadly wildfire.
"Then you've got all of these rebuilding efforts," Mangas said. "It's been great to see all of the lots cleared."
Mangas adds for those businesses not doing so hot there has been an increase in loans to keep businesses going.
- Business Recovery After Carr Fire
- Wildfire Recovery Meeting for Carr Fire Victims
- Carr Fire recovery team announces rebuilding plans
- Redding Businesses Suffer due to Carr Fire
- Recreational Businesses Struggle After Carr Fire
- FEMA Opening Disaster Recovery Center for Carr Fire Victims
- DMV Assistance at Carr Fire Disaster Recovery Center
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special