(KECI) A 5-month-old infant is recovering after spending nine hours buried under a pile of sticks and debris in the Montana wilderness.
The baby was found in the Lolo National Forest following a six hour search that began with a report of a man threatening people near the Lolo Hot Springs.
After arresting the man, he told deputies that he'd left the child in the nearby forest. During the search a deputy heard a faint cry and was able to find the baby.
The suspect, 32-year-old Francis Crowley, has a history of run-ins with the law.
He's facing criminal endangerment charges and is being held on $50,000 bail.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2KKnFoy
- Buried Alive: Baby Survives Hours In Woods
- Postal Service holiday hours
- Vault survives Paradise bank fire
- Remains of missing Army veteran found buried in California
- Sheriff says skeleton found buried in Sacramento backyard
- Mendocino Sheriff: Baby Dies After Mother Leaves Him in Car for 10 Hours
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Missing Mount Shasta Hiker Found Alive
- Wood Stove Replacement Vouchers Available Today
- No Wood Burning in Bidwell Park