BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff's Office arrested a man suspected of burglarizing a residential area previously evacuated due to the Camp Fire.
The burglary took place on Nov. 28 around 10:20 a.m. when deputies were dispatched to Cable Bridge Drive off of Centerville Road in Chico.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office received a report of a suspicious male who was knocking on the front door of a resident's home. The resident believed that the man was casing his home.
The deputies identified the man as Travis Olexiewicz, 42, of Paradise. He was found to be in possession of property that was stolen from the Cable Bridge Drive.
He was booked into Butte County Jail for burglary and possession of stolen property. His nail is set at $53,000.
- Burglary Suspect Arrested in Previously Evacuated Camp Fire Zone
- CAMP FIRE: 2 arrested in suspected evacuation zone looting
- Redding Police arrest suspected armed prowler in evacuation zone
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Chico Traffic Increases Following Camp Fire Evacuations
- Camp Fire: Evacuation Orders and Repopulation
- Fire Zone Building Restrictions
- K-9 Helps Arrest Redding Burglary Suspect
- Chico Police arrest suspect in CVS burglary