Photo Gallery 1 Images
CHICO, Calif.-- A Sacramento man has been arrested for allegedly stealing from a Chico business.
Chico Police arrested 26-year-old Steven McFarland after a foot chase.
It started when officers responded to reports of an employee chasing a man on foot.
According to Chico Police, McFarland had just stolen thousands of dollars worth of cell phones from the AT&T Store on Mangrove Avenue. When officers arrived, they say that McFarland ran away.
The suspect ran through the Chico Cemetery and onto the campus of Chico Junior High.
The middle school was put on lockdown for five minutes as officers chased down the suspect.
McFarland was taken into custody when he was seen leaving a backyard in the area of Oleander Avenue and East Frances Willard.
He was booked into the Butte County Jail on charges of commercial burglary and resisting arrest.
The stolen cell phones were returned to the AT&T Store.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Burglar Arrested for Allegedly Stealing from Chico Business
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Suspect leads Chico Police on manhunt after burglarizing business
- Chico Police Arrest Armed Teen Stealing Gifts
- Redding Police: Burglar Found Sleeping Behind Business
- San Francisco auto burglar steals Olympic skater's costumes
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Employee at the Chico Mall
- Chico Police: Suspect steals shoes, fights employees
- Chico woman catches suspected burglars napping in neighbor's home
- Car crashes into Chico business