Chico, Calif.-- Build.com is expanding it's company within the city of Chico.
And where better to move into than the Meriam Park area - a new development in town that's planned to be a technological, residential and commercial hub for the growing city.
Some of the most promising technical talent of the Build.com team will now work out of the building on East 20th Street, east of WinCo.
Build.com is really sort of a tech-fairytale, founded in 2000 as a project for a Chico State University class.
They started out with just 12 employees, and the founding students sold it for $35 Million, just seven years later.
Analysts suggest that had the execs not agreed to the sale, Build.com could have been Chico's first "tech unicorn"(a company worth a billion dollars or more).
The company's V.P of Technology, Dan Davis, says this new building is part of an even larger expansion ahead for the company.
Build.com will keep its headquarters at Chico's Otterson Drive, where about 600 other employees will still work out of.
They're also building an East-coast headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
If you're looking for a job, the company has openings in a number of departments, from sales to software development.
- Build.com Expands to East 20th Street Office
- Build.com Continues Chico Expansion
- Chico Fire Contains a House Fire on East 20th Street
- East 20th Street in Chico Blocked Briefly in Fender Bender
- 'Build.com' CEO out of a job
- East 10th Street Reopens
- Sunday January 20th Weathercast
- Marysville Peach Festival celebrates 20th year
- Chico's Boundaries May Expand
- 20th Annual Snow Goose Festival is Next Week