Photo Gallery 4 Images
UPDATE 10:50 a.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - The evacuation warning prompted by a broken gas line, has been lifted.
Roads remain closed due to construction work, not related to the broken gas line, PG&E Paul Moreno.
PG&E Paul Moreno said the contractor was through PG&E, and was using a backhoe and struck a two-inch plastic gas pipe. This happened at the intersection of Redbud Drive and Tranquil Drive in Paradise.
The utility had the gas turned off around 9:36 a.m.
Police said nobody is in danger, PG&E's next steps are to make repairs to the broken pipe which should take a couple of hours.
People that were evacuated, have been let back into their homes.
PARADISE, Calif. - The Town of Paradise issued an evacuation warning for Zone 4 due to a broken gas line, Paradise police said.
PG&E Paul Morano said there was a third-party contractor, not affiliated with PG&E, that struck a two-inch gas line at the intersection of Redbud Drive and Tranquil Drive in Paradise.
Police did not specify who the construction crew was when asked.
RELATED: To view a zone map in Paradise, CLICK HERE.
Paradise police said if you are in Zone 4 to be aware of the situation.
The gas leak has prompted road closures:
- Redbud Drive from Pinewood Drive to Rose Lane
- Tranquil Drive from Redbud Drive to Crestmoor Drive
Police said a small number of residences in the immediate area of the intersection of RedbudDrive and Tranquil Drive were personally contacted by police and advised to evacuate.
"Anyone outside of the immediate area of this intersection is not under an evacuation order, however, should be aware of the situation and monitor the Town of Paradise website and Facebook page," police said.
Paradise Police, Paradise Public works, CAL FIRE, Paradise Fire, and PG&E are at the scene.
PG&E said they are estimating it will take a few hours to repair the damage and restore all services to the area.
Action News Now has a reporter on the way and will update with new developments as they become available.
- Evacuation warning lifted in Paradise, broken gas line
- Stone Fire: Evacuation Warning Lifted
- Delta Fire: All Evacuations Lifted
- Butte County Sheriff's Office lifts evacuation warning for Richvale area
- Gas leak evacuates Redding buildings
- Wildfire evacuations lifted in Siskiyou County
- Carr Fire: Evacuations lifted in some areas
- Masonic Fire: 100 Percent Contained, Evacuations Lifted
- Mandatory evacuation orders lifted in Redding
- Evacuations and Road Closures Lifted for Shasta County Crest Line Fire